It is possible to import a private key but only in the desktop wallet version 1.6.4 or higher.
- Go to the menu -> tools -> import private key.
- In the screen that is opens you can copy and paste your private key. Don’t type it because one typo and your private key is worthless.
- Now the wallet is going synchronize. (That will takes some time)
- After synchronizing there is a new account called “imported legacy”
- Now you are able to transfer Guldens from your imported legacy to your HD wallet.
Remark: Only HD accounts are under the protection of the recovery phrase. So, be smart and transfer immediately the content of this “imported legacy” account to one of your other accounts within your desktop wallet.
This post is also available in: Dutch